Friday, February 20, 2009

Learning Time

Last night Colby wanted me to show him where Coline lives on his map. Unfortunately, the map in Colby's room is only of the United States. Sooo, I told Colby we would need to look at a "globe" to find where Coline lives. I then proceeded to try to explain to my 4 year old what a globe was. I now have a better understanding of how Columbus must have felt when he was trying to convince people that the world was round. Colby just laughed at me!

Soooo for learning time we are going to try to hunt down a globe so I can show Colby that indeed the world is round AND to show him where Uganda is in relation to where he lives. I'm thinking the library is a good place to look. Plus we can go ahead and pick up some books since we didn't get to go on Monday.

PS Can anyone tell me where Uganda is?!

2 comments:

  1. Niki - you might also check a resale shop for a globe. My husband is the warehouse manager for a resale shop in our town that supports our local pregnancy crisis center. They often get globes and they sell them for cheap. I am into resale shops as much as you are into coupons. The items are cheap and it protects the environment because it recycles items that would otherwise be purchased new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Thanks Amy- Great idea! We found a globe at the library but I would love one for the house. I too love to go resale "hunting" you never know what your gonna find! Thanks again for the tip.

    ReplyDelete