Friday, February 20, 2009

Familytime Friday- Meet our 3rd little boy!

His name is Coline (like all our boys his name starts with a "C"). Now before any rumors get started or my Mom falls out of her seat- you should know that Coline is our adopted child through the ministry Compassion International. We have never, and probably will never, meet Coline face to face, this side of heaven, but as his adoptive family our role is to love Him through prayer and a small monthly contribution.

When DH and I first learned about Compassion International I was excited because I had watched countless infomercials about children living in poverty stricken countries and had wanted to "do something" but didn't know enough about the infomercial sponsorship organization to feel fully comfortable with sending money. Well, we learned all about Compassion International at a Christian concert from Rebecca St. James herself- so I felt I could trust the source! Plus I thought "what an awesome opportunity to model God's commands to give to the poor and pray for those in need to our boys- by letting them pray and help give to another child" Not to mention the opportunity to eventually learn about another culture/country.
Well that was a couple of years ago, and while the bank is faithful to draft $32 a month from our checking account, I am very ashamed to say we often forget to include our dear Coline in our bedtime prayers. You know what is sooo sad about this- In every letter Coline writes us he tells us that he prays for our family. And you know what- I feel confident HE DOES! And yet in my busyness, I forget. Even more shameful- more often then not, it is my 4 year old child that will remind ME, the MOM, that we haven't prayed for Coline in a while. In fact, that was exactly what happened last night that prompted this post.
So once again I have used DRS for confession and now hope you will hold me accountable to pray for this sweet child. And in honor of Coline, Familytime Friday's devotional, learning, and even craft time will focus around lessons learned from Compassion International. To learn more about this ministry visit here.




No comments:

Post a Comment