Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Guest Post Introduction

I am so excited to tell you that my brother- Dr. Randy Lenderman DDS, has agreed to help me out by writing a brief Wellness Wednesday post on Dental Health for today. Randy is the perfect Dentist to write for this blog because #1) he is an excellent Dentist and #2 (and most importantly) he too is a victim of DRS.

All those nights I sat in front of the TV watching Nick at Nite reruns of "The Donna Reed Show"- Guess who was sitting on the couch right next to me? That's right- the future Dr. Lenderman. Now the male version of the disease presents different symptoms then the female. Instead of "becoming" Donnaesk they simply have a deep longing for the Donna Reed lifestyle and believe that the "mother figure" in the home is the Sole party responsible for making that happen. Now please don't get me wrong- A male with DRS is NOT chauvinistic- NO! not at all they have a deep respect for women and are extremely appreciative of all the roles a woman plays; they simply have a warped view of how the world really works. Let me illustrate.


It was DRS that made my brother think the secret to becoming rich was for Mom to quit her job and stay home with us kids. Because you see through Donna Reed tinted glasses Randy saw that all the "rich kids" at school had stay at home moms- therefore to become rich one needed to have Mom at home. Poor kid.


It was also the disease that made my kid brother question my Mother's love and care for him because she did not have milk and cookies waiting for him the second he walked in from school. Poor Mom.


While the male version of Donna Reed Syndrome can be quite disabling during adolescence there is good news! Unlike the female version that often goes into full blown DRS activity the day she says "I do" The male version, more often then not, will go into remission once the marriage vows are exchanged. So I am happy to report Randy has been symptom free since 2007.



PS The nerdy gene skipped Randy. He is way cooler then his older sis. For all your dental needs I highly recommend Dr. Lenderman.

No comments:

Post a Comment