Thursday, February 19, 2009

Good News/Bad News- Depends on how you look at it!

The Facts: Red Plums Vice President released the following statement regarding the Red Plum coupon booklets:

“Starting in February, the RedPlum coupon booklet will now be delivered in [select areas] through consumers’ mailboxes along with their weekly grocery circulars and other savings and deals. By using direct mail, the RedPlum insert will now be able to reach almost twice as many households as in the past. In these challenging economic times, it has never been more important to make these essential savings available to as many [people] as possible so they can stretch the dollars in their wallets.” -Thomas Murray, Vice President of the Valassis Corporation

The Bad News: In some major cities Red Plum will no longer be available via the local newspaper. It will be available through home mailer only. I am not sure "The Gazette" will be effected (or is it affected? anyways..) but if it is- this is bad. Many of us like to get multiple copies of the coupons but the home mailer system will only mail one per family. I plan on asking my noncouponing friends and family members to kindly save me theirs!

The Good News: Our local newspaper never carried this coupon booklet, so many of you have never had the "Red Plum" experience anyway. Now you can have these coupons delivered to your mailbox by signing up here.


In other news...


My friend Jennifer passed this rather disturbing news on to me last week. I have not personally confirmed the validity of the rumor BUT I feel it is my duty as your Head DRSer to pass on the information:

Rumor: April will be the last month for the EasySaver Rebate Program at Walgreens. GASP- I know!!! You can read more here.

Bad News: No more Free After Rebate products that often turn out to be quite profitable!

Good News: Good News? What could possibly be good about no more FREE after rebate products. Welllll supposedly they are going to really beef up their Register Reward Program- so I guess that's good. AND as far as I can tell this is just a rumor. I searched on Walgreens.com and could not find any mention of it. So we will see. In the meantime I am going to try to get all the rebate products I can so I can rev up the total on my Walgreens Gift Card (remember you get an additional 10% added when you choose to get your rebate back on a Walgreens Gift Card).

No comments:

Post a Comment