Monday, February 16, 2009

Chicken Tortilla Soup

I have tried many different Chicken Tortilla Soup recipes and this one is my favorite. The recipe makes quite a bit so it is a good dish to share with another family or to have as leftovers!

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Go here for recipe.

Recipe Modifications: The recipe calls for cooked shredded chicken. I like to prepare the chicken for this dish by putting the chicken in a crockpot with a can of rotel. From frozen- it took the chicken about 3 hours to cook in my crockpot on high. I then transferred the chicken with rotel into the soup. I also like to add a can of chili beans and a can of black beans to the recipe- to beef up the fiber! We use baked Doritos instead of the corn tortillas.

Nutrition Information for original recipe:
Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe
Meal Plan: 267 Calories; 2 meat, 1.5 starch, 1 veg, 1/2 fat

No comments:

Post a Comment