Sunday, February 8, 2009

Busted!

Ok, I decided last minute (were talking 10:30pm) to go ahead and do all my meal prep for the week tonight. Tomorrow is just packed full and I probably would have ended up robbing time away from the boys if I tried to fit the cooking in tomorrow. Soooo.... I had the kitchen to myself!!!

My whole family was sound asleep so I decided to make the most of my time alone and I dug out my ol' MP3 player so I could "listen" to music while I worked. I should have known better.....

One thing you should know is that I am not very technologically advanced so I only have 6 songs downloaded on my off brand MP3 player. I have listened to those 6 songs over and over for the last 3 years. My playlist includes:
  • Adonai by Avalon (Christian)
  • Pray by CeCe Winan (Christian)
  • Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts (Country)
  • Yeah! By Usher (Not Christian- I promise I don't sing along)
  • Shackles by Mary Mary (Christian)
  • Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts (Disney's Cars Soundtrack)

What a mix, I know. Well let me tell you- something happens to me when these songs play. I don't care if it is Pray or Yeah- I dance! I even do a ballet number to Adonai. You must remember, I was a very sheltered kid growing up and scared of boys so I never went to any school dances nor was I allowed to watch MTV- so I have no idea where my moves come from- but I get down!!! Now in my head, I belong on Dance Party but the few times I have actually performed my moves for myself in front of the mirror- let's just say I scare myself. For this reason I only perform when I'm alone or when I'm in the car. (Although I have never been able to see myself in the car- I think I actually have more rhythm when I'm sitting down). I have been caught a number of times by DH- needless to say my moves do not turn him on- I think he gets a little scared too!

So tonight- I was pumped to have the house to myself so I could dance uninhibited. And let me tell you I was teaching myself some pretty cool moves if I do say so myself- not sure "Usher" would want me for any of his music videos but I'm pretty sure I could do back-up for "New Kids on the Block". Unfortunately, I did not realize that I was also singing along with the music. I'm not sure how long DH stood in the doorway laughing at me before I finally noticed he was there, but once I did notice him I think I jumped 6ft off the ground and nearly dropped the salmon. Evidently he had been trying to get to sleep for the last 45 minutes and my singing was keeping him awake. Funny thing was I didn't even know I was singing!! Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment