Friday, January 9, 2009

Walgreens Bust

Ok, who got all my products?! Be cheerful, Be cheerful, Be cheerful

I didn't get to go to Walgreens until after husband got home from work (6ish). On my drive to the pharmacy I was almost giddy thinking about the transaction that was about to go down. I should have had a clue about what was to come when all the $2.99 slots for the Garnier Fructis Shampoo and Conditioners were empty. From there, every aisle I turned down I was faced with disappointment- aluminum foil-gone, electrasol tabs-gone, oatmeal and cereal- gone, gone. Even the Benefiber Stix-gone. I had thought I was the biggest fiber lover in this town- apparently not!

I was able to walk out with my 2 packages of Maxi Pads for $0.50 each (printable coupon had reached its limit); 2 bottles of Childrens Motrin for $2.74 each (normally $5.99 each, I used a $2 off Walgreen coupon found in insert & a $2.50 off 2 coupon found in a recent newspaper insert), I also picked up a 100 ct box of Splenda for $2.44 (normally $4.49, I used Walgreen coupon and $0.55 coupon from recent newspaper insert) and last I got a Christmas Pencil for $0.06 (I picked up the pencil because you can't have more coupons then items, so I looked for the cheapest thing I could find)

Final Price: $10.45 $ Saved: $21.87
This price was not deducted from my yearly budget because I used a Walgreen Rebate Giftcard from last month to pay for it.

2 comments:

  1. Same thing happened to me on Monday afternoon!! But check out the other Wags in town, I went there and they had everything I wanted!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete