Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sonday Sunday

Every year, one of my New Years Resolutions is to memorize 1 bible verse a week. And every year I fail. I don't know why I don't follow through with this one, because I have experienced the benefit of "hiding His word in my heart." Psalms 119: 11

I personally think scripture memorization is the most powerful tool God uses to talk to us. I can not tell you the number of times I have been worried about something (I struggle with worry- part of DRS and general motherhood), when the Holy Spirit will dig Phillipians 4:6 from my heart and whisper "Do not be anxious about anything, but in Everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to the Lord and the PEACE that passes all understanding will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus" and in that instant I can feel Gods peace and I am once again reminded to hand my worries over to him and and let it go!

I have also seen the power of quoting scripture in prayer. God is ALWAYS faithful, but I think he likes it when we remind him of his promises.

So with that being said, I am very excited to get started with this resolution. I have chosen Colossians 3:23 as my first memory verse to help me keep a proper attitude this week as I begin to put this massive DRS plan together. After all, why should I put any of it into action unless it will bless my family and in some tiny way bring glory to God.


Work hard and cheerfully at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather then for people. Col 3: 23

5 comments:

  1. I am so impressed Niki and this is my favorite part so far is SONDAY. I love this scripture and too have lots to check off my list this week as we try to organize our attic and office as my parents are here to help with James Patrick so I am going to write the scripture down now. God blesses us so much more when we work with HIM in mind. Thanks for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like for some to tell us how to subscribe to this blog like where we get reminders each time you post. I would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, I will try to figure that out. I remember reading about email updates in "Blogging for Dummies" I'll just have to go back and figure it out. Thanks again for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. M Dance referenced your scripture of the week in this morning's sermon - love when God affirms us like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this comment came automatically to my email so that is cool so I am happy with that.

    ReplyDelete