Monday, January 12, 2009

Painting with Yogurt- check




Well I finally got to use that out-of-date yogurt. Both boys really enjoyed the craft although I practically had to beg my 4 year old to try it because, as always, he had his own ideas for craft time. He felt today would be the perfect day to make a turtle catcher and he said finger painting with yogurt would be "boring" (Big thanks to Playhouse Disney's Imagination Movers for teaching my child the word "boring"! can you sense the sarcasm). After agreeing he could make the turtle catcher while baby was napping (and I was cooking) he finally got on board with the yogurt.

Cohen finger painted on his highchair tray and Colby on a cutting board mat. Colby enjoyed mixing the colors to see what new shades he could come up with and turning his hand into the "Incredible Hulk" when soaking it in the green yogurt. Cohen seemed to like the craft too, but kept trying to eat the yogurt- funny, if he had eaten the yogurt before it went out of date we wouldn't be doing this craft today. All in all I would say our craft time was a success and Colby asked if we could do it again some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment