Monday, January 19, 2009

Mealtime Monday

This week I have 2 recipes (spaghetti squash and spinach pork tenderloin) that are a little more timely to prepare then usual. Therefore, I am going to HOPE to finish in 1.5 hours but I may be pushing it today. I am also going to try to provide some step by step photos of the 2 more involved dishes to make sure we all feel comfortable with the preparation. Following are the designated days I plan to serve the meals and how I will store until final preparations.


Monday: Spaghetti Squash. This is the wild card recipe of the week. I am a little nervous about this dish so I am not going to attempt to prep and store, rather I will prepare and serve tonight. The only prep I will do this afternoon will be chopping up my onion and tomatoes. I will also go ahead and grill one chicken breast to add to our side salads. (I know this was supposed to be my vegy meal but it just doesn't look hearty enough to satisfy my boys.)


Tuesday: Spinach Pork Tenderloin. Today I will stuff pork then wrap in foil and place in refrigerator until tomorrow evening. I will go ahead and mix sauce ingredients but will wait to boil until tomorrow night. Tomorrow night I will unwrap pork and place in oven for final preparations.


Wednesday: Fish in Foil. Today I will prepare foil packets with frozen talipia. Then I will place packets in the refrigerator until ready to bake or grill on Wednesday night. If I wasn't serving by Wednesday I would put foil packets in freezer ziplock bags and store in freezer.


Thursday: Southwest Stew: I will combine all ingredients into a gallon size ziplock and store in refrigerator. I will then transfer stew into crockpot on Thursday morning.


Friday Night: Leftover Stew


Saturday Night: Out to Eat.


Sunday: Rosemary Chicken: I am going to prepare marinade in freezer ziplock bag and add the chicken. I will then place marinating chicken into the freezer. I hope to remember to take frozen chicken out of freezer Friday or Saturday and place in refrigerator to allow the chicken plenty of time to thaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment