Saturday, January 24, 2009

Kroger Celebration!!!


Let me let you in on a little secret..... I love my Saturday nights at Kroger. Now don't tell my family- to them I play the martyr that has to leave her warm home to trudge up and down, up and down each and every aisle; sacrificing my time and energy, all to bring home nourishment for "the family." But in actuality, it is a complete joy.


Saturday night's I've got the store to myself- I can take all the time I want to read labels and comparison shop; and with no crowds I can even hear the music. Yes the music! "Just Another Manic Monday" was on tonight while I was in the produce section. Now normally I save my dancing until I am safely down the canned vegetable aisle, but tonight I was dancing and singing (probably too loudly) before I even got past the apples.



Now the music got me hopping but the deals I scored tonight left me down right giddy. Not only did I take advantage of most of the deals I wrote about earlier this week; I also scored an incredible deal on Kraft Cheese. Two% Hormone Free Kraft cheese was part of the mega event and right beside the cheese there was a blinkie for $0.75 off 2% Kraft cheese. After the coupon and the mega event discount I got each package of cheese for $1.34- that is a 69% saving (normally $4.29 a package)! I stood at that blinkie forever just pulling coupons (there is about a 10 second wait between each coupon). I ended up with 13 bags of cheese!


This was one of my best trips to Kroger ever. I ended up doing the Mega Event 3 times. When all was said and done my final bill was $90.44 and I saved $102.64! Woo Hoo!



Some of the highlights of my trip:
2 four packs of cottenelle toilet paper- Free (used $0.50 from coupons.com)
Crest Pro Health Toothpaste- $0.50 profit (used $1.50 1/18 PG and $1.50 from Esaver)
13 bags of Kraft 2% Hormone Free Shredded Cheese $1.34 per bag
3 boxes of Fiber One bars $1.19 per box (used $0.50 1/4 SS)
2 boxes High Fiber Instant Oatmeal $1.19 per box (used $1 from 1/4 RP)
French's Yellow Mustard $0.19 (used 1/18 SS)
3 bags of Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers for $0.09 and free each (used a $0.60 from coupons.com and $0.50 from 1/4 SS)
2 boxes of Kleenexs for $0.29 each (used $0.40 from 1/4 SS
2 loafs of Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat bread for $1 each



Thanks so much for letting me tell you about my deals. What a high! I'd love to hear how you did!

3 comments:

  1. The GG Fresh Steamers are gone!!! Niki (Donna) bought them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Gray- I do feel bad about the cheese, not bad enough to share, but still I do feel a twinge of guilt:)
    As far as the steamers go, I only got 3 bags myself- way picked over by the time I got to them too. What a shame. You know we do have 2 Krogers in this town! Race ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After we got off of the phone today Niki, I did VERY well at the old Kroger. My total for the week was...spent $85.65...saved $116.10!!

    The old Kroger had a TON of the steamers left, as well as mustard, and they had the cheese blinkie there too, I stocked up on some cheese!

    ReplyDelete