Monday, January 5, 2009

Chicken Elegante

This recipe is brought to you by Gray (a frequent commenter). I got this recipe a couple of years ago at a recipe exchange party. This recipe is prepared in a crock-pot; therefore, I will cook this meal on a day that I work. I love coming in from a long day at work knowing that supper is already ready. You will love the aroma this one leaves as it cooks throughout the day. Yummy!

Chicken Elegante

4-6 chicken breasts (or 1 breast per family member)
1 can golden mushroom soup (I can find this at Kroger)
1 onion, quartered
1 cup sliced carrots
Salt and Pepper
1/2 soup can of water

Combine all ingredients and place in crock-pot. Cook on low all day. It's that easy folks!

Nutrition Info:
Serving Size: 4 oz chicken with 1/4th of vegetables and gravy
Meal Plan: Calories: 215, 4 very lean meats, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch

I am going to serve this with instant mashed potatoes and a side salad. (Also great with rice)

1 comment: