Saturday, January 10, 2009

Back to the Doctor

Well, ended up taking baby into doc this am. Dx: Double Ear Infection
So my question is: Does the dosage amount written on the antibiotic take into consideration the amount the child is predicted to spit back out? I was literally trying to suck the medicine off my baby's chin and kitchen countertop (thank goodness it was clean!) back into the dose dropper to try again. I finally had the most success holding Cohen upside down and squirting it down his throat. Sounds abusive, I know, but he thought it was funny

2 comments:

  1. Thought I might could help you out here. They typically put extra medication in the bottle b/c they pharmacy always says if there is any left throw it out at the end of your 10 days, etc. I am assuming this is for a little spill or spitting out. Using a good dropper or sypringe that can squirt it in is by far the easiest way to get in down. Also you can blow in his face as you are squirting it and it will make him swallow. Needless to say a 3 year old can hold his breath and then proceed to spit it out but after our tonsil surgery we tried every recommendation to get the child to swallow medicine so hope this helps. If not I have some other tips that involves restraints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much- will try anything!

    ReplyDelete