Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My Car- the saga continues

For those of you have been following the Chronicles of "My Car" you are going to get a real kick out of this one.....

So this morning I had to take both boys for well child Dr. Visits in the neighboring town. Neighboring town? you ask. Yes, I was already significantly late getting both boys in for their well child appointments and the soonest they could be seen was today (scheduled 1 month ago) if we agreed to go to their other clinic location. Anyways...... So the three of us were loaded up in the death trap, I mean "my car," driving in the June heat (note the date: my car's air conditioner chooses to hibernate from the months of June- August so it will be fully rested for the winter months. Anyways....) So we pull into the clinic's parking lot and I turn off the car and then naturally go to unbuckle my seat belt...... It won't unbuckle!!!!! Yep! I'm stuck!!!! In that moment I don't know if I should laugh or cry.......... I choose to laugh, after all it is "my car." Through my laughter and sweat I manage to tell Colby my situation and to shoot a text to some of my cars biggest fans. Colby volunteer's to yell for help and I frantically look for scissors to cut my way to freedom. No such luck. I finally inch by inch loosen the belt and wiggle myself free of the safety strap. Freedom never felt sooooo good.

On my way home I squeezed back in through the lap and chest strap BUT I won't lie, the rest of the day I just sat on top of the buckled strap. Gotta love my car!

No comments:

Post a Comment