Monday, June 15, 2009

Mealtime Mondays

This week's meals only took 1 hour and 10 minutes to prepare:
  • Tilapia Puttanesca x 2
  • Taco Rings x 2
  • Stuffed Green Peppers
  • Crockpot Lemon Garlic Chicken

And at least that long to clean up- partly because I started cooking with a messy kitchen (trust me, it's bad around here!) I did not prep for the steak dinner because I want to get by the local meat market to pick up some really good steaks for Father's Day. Following is the prep/storage/eat schedule for the week.

Monday- Taco Ring- I prepped up until final baking. I stored ring in fridge covered with aluminum foil. Tonight I will take out of fridge and bake.

Tuesday- Stuffed Green Peppers- Peppers are fully stuffed and sitting pretty in fridge (covered with foil) ready for final baking.

Wednesday- Crockpot Lemon, Garlic Chicken- I followed directions according to recipe and browned chicken before placing in ziplock storage bag. I added liquid to storage bag and then stored in fridge. Wednesday morning I will transfer contents of ziplock into crockpot and cook on low all day.

Thursday- Tilapia Puttanseca- To prep for this dish I simply dumped all the sauce ingredients into a freezer ziplock and stored in freezer. Thursday morning I will transfer sauce from freezer to fridge to begin thawing. I will then cook fish/sauce according to recipe Thursday Night.

Friday and Saturday- Pantry Challenge (I am going to try to not go out to eat for the rest of the month)

Sunday- Steak Dinner. Saturday night I will marinate steaks and store in fridge until time to grill Sunday afternoon. Happy Fathers Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment