Monday, May 25, 2009

Mealtime Monday

Well it took me about 40 minute to prepare this week's menu. Now before you get too excited about that prep time I must confess two things. One I did not preprep the burgers- I knew today I would have extra help around the kitchen so I did not bother preparing them last night. Second, I ended up not making the California Roll Salad- the other family was not adventurous enough to want to try it AND when I went to purchase the ingredients for the salad I realized I could easily order real California Rolls for less then it would cost me to make the salad! Sooooo all I prepared last night was:
  • 2 Pasta Fagiolis
  • 2 Chicken Enchiladas
  • 2 Dry Ingredients for Whole Wheat Pancakes

Here is the prep and eating plan for this week:

Monday- Memorial Day cookout. I am going to prepare the lean hamburgers for our cookout.

Tuesday- Whole Wheat Pancakes. To prep I went ahead and mixed the dry ingredients and stored them in a ziplock in the fridge. Tuesday morning I will finish recipe and store in fridge until time to cook the pancakes (remember the batter needs to sit in fridge at least 8 hours)

Wednesday- Pasta Fagioli- I dumped all but the pasta sauce, beef broth, and pasta into a ziplock bag (simply because it wouldn't all fit) and stored in fridge (this recipe could have easily been frozen). Wednesday morning I will transfer to crockpot and add broth and pasta sauce. Instead of cooking pasta in crockpot I think I will prepare on stovetop and then add to soup before serving.

Thursday-Chicken Enchiladas- I fully prepped this dish and stored in freezer. Wednesday I will transfer to fridge to allow thaw time. Thursday night I will pop into oven to finish!

Friday and Saturday- Out or leftovers

Sunday- Question Mark! (This is when I was suppose to have the California Roll Salad) Sounds like a good day for a pantry challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment