Monday, May 11, 2009

Kate's Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches

When I sent out my call for recipes a couple weeks back my childhood friend Kate emailed me this yummy recipe for French Dip Sandwiches. Kate and I go waaaaaaaaaaaay back, I mean as far back as diaper days but I hadn't talked to her for years. So I just love how the blog world brings people together. You got to get you one (a blog, not a Kate, but you could get one of those too if you know a Kate)- but that is a whole other post.
Can I just tell you it took all of 2 seconds to prep this meal, so I am loving it already.

Crockpot French dip Sandwiches

Pork roast (I used a pork loin roast)
Onion soup mix
1 or 2 Cans of Diet Coke
Provolone Cheese (optional)
whole wheat buns

Trim fat off roast, dump all in crockpot. Cook on high until falling apart. Strain off liquid. Serve shredded pork on rolls, dip in au jus (gravy in crockpot). Add a slice of Swiss or Provolone cheese to sandwich. Yummo!!

Nutrition Information: for pork alone
Serving Size: 3 oz
Meal Plan: ~140 Calories, 3 meats

I am going to serve this with a side salad.

Thanks again Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment