Friday, May 15, 2009

Familytime Friday

TGIF!!!

Today is not going to be a traditional Friday here at DRS. For the next 5 days my world is going to revolve around getting ready for that party. Today I am going to try to get up the nerve to go ask for Food Sponsors- this is waaaaaay out of my comfort zone BUT I kinda have promised to provide FREE FOOD Tuesday night so I better get busy. So far we have 2 pizzas donated........... so um... get there early!!!!

Today is also the day I am expecting to get the phone call about my NEW CAR!!!!!! Woo Hoo. I'm feeling pretty good about my chances because of the following:
  1. Out of 524 entrants into this sweepstakes I was the 19th person with the most votes- (Thank you so much!!!!)
  2. Yesterday while I was driving home from work I was thinking about what I would do when I got the phone call about my new car....... and at that very moment a FORD passed me followed by a Toyota Prius Hybrid. Yep, FORD then Hybrid- the car I am supposed to win is a FORD HYBRID- it was a sign.
  3. I do really well at drawings. If I really concentrate hard while the name is being drawn out of the hat I usually win. The problem is most of the time my name is called 4th or 5th and this particular drawing just has one prize...... so I am just going to have to concentrate EXTRA hard.
  4. A couple of years ago I was convinced that I was going to win the HGTV DREAM HOME. I was so convinced I would win I literally lay awake at night worrying about whether I would move across the country for the dream house OR if I would just sell the house and use the profits toward building my own dream house. I even went so far as to give my boss a tentative 2 week notice pending my upcoming win. Well, I didn't win BUT I write all that to tell you that my odds are a lot better in this sweepstakes.
  5. God and I have talked about it. Now don't worry I didn't actually ask God to rig the drawing for me or anything I simply talked to him about it. I think He would get a kick out of watching my reaction... that's all. So we'll see.....

I'll let you know as soon as I hear something!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment