Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Donna, Donna- How does your garden grow?

I don't know! DH is the gardener in this family. BUT I thought for this Wildcard Wednesday I would show you some pictures of our Garden. Although I have NO advice on how to grow a garden, I do highly recommend you getting one. Last year was the first year for our garden and let me just tell you, it was so much fun. It was so exciting to see the first blooms of our vegetables and my oh my how much better home grown vegys taste!

Every night while I prepared supper I would put out a relish tray of all of our garden grown vegetables for the fam to munch on while dinner cooked. It was because of this Colby developed a love of tomatoes and green peppers. Maybe it will work on Cohen this year......

Last year DH started the garden from already partially grown plants (not sure what the official term for this is called, but anyways....) BUT this year all but the blueberry bush were started as seeds! Talk about a thrifty tip. Each packet of seeds cost less then $1 and contained tons of seeds.

What's up with the fuzziness in all the pictures?

This is our leaf lettuce and Spinach.

This is a picture of the corn popping out of the ground. How cute is that!

Our lowly blueberry bush. Don't think we'll get any out of her this year.
DH also planted: tomatoes, green beans, squash, zuchinni, green peppers, and jalepeno peppers.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at how good your garden is doing!!! Impressive!! All the rain in April & May took a huge toll on our veggie garden....we had to replant almost everything! Right now we have zuccini, summer squash, tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, green beans, sugar snap peas. Let's hope it lives this time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary I'm so proud of you! Sounds like a real yummy garden. Did ya'll plant from seeds or plants? I feel like my tomatoes are never going to come in, but maybe they washed away and I just didn't know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time we planted from seeds....all washed away! Even most of our rows washed away! It was awful. This time planted all plants & we're hoping for the best!! Time will tell...

    ReplyDelete