Monday, April 13, 2009

Pepper-Avocado Omelet

Although I won't be making this recipe this week, I have made it before and it was delicious!! As I am sitting here looking at the recipe my mouth is watering and I am wishing I hadn't decided to skip this recipe this week.

Visit here for recipe.

Pepper-Avocado Omelet
Warning: the recipe calls for manchego cheese- I did splurge with this cheese last time BUT it was $9!!!! I remember thinking I would use shredded Parmesan cheese next time. I also used egg beaters instead of whole egg and substituted PAM for butter to lighten up the recipe.

Nutrition Information:
Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe including the Fresh Tomato Compote
Meal Plan: 509 Calories (original recipe, down at least 100 Calories with modifications), 2 meat, 1.5 starch, 2 vegetable, 5.5 fats (yes, that is a lot of fat but you eliminate 2 when you switch to egg beaters and PAM, and the avocado is a good monounsaturated fat so I still approve this recipe!)



No comments:

Post a Comment