Thursday, April 9, 2009

One of the most important services I try to provide here at DRS is to make each DRS sufferer feel better about herself. If my failures and mishaps can make just one woman think to herself " wow, at least I did or didn't do what Niki did" I will feel I did not fail in vain. It is a responsibility I do not take lightly. It is with this mission in mind I confess the following:

Last night, after the ten o'clock hour, I remembered that Colby had an Easter Party at school the next day. At this time I also remembered receiving BOTH a written reminder AND an email reminder to bring enough treat filled plastic eggs for each member of the class for the Easter Egg Hunt. Woops- I had forgot! Ah Man was I upset with myself.

Donna would never have forgotten Mary or Jeff's Easter Eggs. The treats would have probably been homemade AND let's face it Donna would probably have been the PTA member in charge of the whole "Egg"stravaganza.

Had the time been anywhere in the nine o'clock hour I would have rushed out to Walgreens to purchase eggs and treats (even without coupons!), but after 10 pm I get nervous about the boogie man and even this night owl won't go out. DH must have been scared of the boogie man too because he turned down my request to make the egg run. Sooooo I had to resort to plan B. I found 14 eggs from last years hunt... (now here comes the really bad part)...... and I stuffed them with leftover Halloween candy.

So there you go..... your feeling pretty good now aren't ya?

WARNING: If your child is in Colby's class- avoid the eggs filled with tootsie rolls or candy corn!

3 comments:

  1. This is so funny!!! I can vision it now...who sent the halloween candy? Remember God doesn't want a perfect woman, he just wants you to be a passionate woman in Christ. Martha definitely had DRS....but Mary wouldn't have batted an eye to send Halloween candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Laura- thank you so much for your words!!! And by the way you are the commenter of the week! Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious. That is soooo something I would do. Of course all of our Halloween candy was probably devoured by DH.

    ReplyDelete