Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My randomness

Ok, here is a thought that has occupied many a thought on my commute to work:

First some background- I have a tendency to be very star struck. For example, one time I was at a hotel convention center for a conference when I saw Paige Davis from Trading Spaces. Ya'll I completely froze and just stared at her for the longest time with my mouth wide open (i know it was wide open because I felt some drool slide down my lip). Now, I was not close enough to actually speak to Paige and it was a good thing because I really feel the human language left me in that moment and I would have sounded like a complete idiot (not that a girl frozen in time with spit hanging out of her mouth could be mistaken for a genius). Anyways.....

To be honest my reaction to this star sighting caught me a little off guard. I didn't even know I was that big of a fan- I mean sure, my neighbor and I had sent in an audition tape in hopes of getting selected to "trade spaces" but it wasn't like I had googled the cast or anything. I concluded that my breakdown was simply due to lack of preparation. You see, I had never formulated a "plan" for what do do if I ever had a run in with a star. Once I figured out the problem I vowed that I would never let a star see me drool again. Thus many hours of road time have been devoted to practicing my response to chance encounters with various actors and actresses in a series of "what if" scenarios.

I would love to tell you about my run in with Tom Cruise, but it is kind of a long story and I really need to start working on your Thrifty Thursday posts. Soooo I tell you what- if 5 people will leave me a comment that they want to hear about how the Lord used me to show Tom "The Way" I will share that story next Wednesday. Ta Ta for now!

6 comments: