Monday, April 20, 2009

Mealtime Monday

I'm not sure exactly how it happened but I totally busted the whole 1.5 hour food prep budget this week. I felt like I was in that kitchen ALL DAY LONG! Now, a big contributor to the overtime was the pizza crust- it alone took over 1.5 hours. But really I think I just wasn't focused. I kept getting distracted. I mean normally I would use the time while I waited for the pizza dough to rise to work on the other meals, but not yesterday. I piddled. Regardless, meals are done and I think we are in for a tasty menu this week. Following is my prep and storage suggestions for this week's meals.

Monday: Sausage and Rice Casserole. I fully prepped this dish up until final baking. I stored in fridge.

Tuesday: Jalapeno Chicken. I fully prepped this dish up until final baking/grilling. I stored in fridge.

Wednesday: Crockpot Tamale Pie. I dumped all the dry ingredients for the "cornbread topping" into a ziplock bag. I put all the "filling" ingredients into another ziplock bag. I stored both bags in the fridge. Wednesday morning I will dump all the "filling" ingredients into my crockpot. I will then add the milk and egg to the cornmeal mixture and then add to crockpot. Cook on low all day.

Thursday: Shanghai Pasta. I sauteed the green beans and pepper and then dumped them into a freezer ziplock. I added the remaining ingredients to the ziplock (minus the pasta). I did NOT thaw the shrimp. I then stored the bag in the freezer. Wednesday I will transfer from freezer to fridge. Thursday night I will make pasta and stirfry contents of ziplock.

Friday: PARTY!!!

Saturday: Family Reunion

Sunday: Homemade Pizzas. All I did to prep for this dish was to make the pizza crust. I went ahead and baked the crusts for about 8 minutes to hold shape. I then wrapped crusts in aluminum foil and stored in freezer. Saturday I will transfer crust from freezer to fridge. Sunday after church we will top pizzas and bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment