Monday, April 20, 2009

Meals in Review

I just realized I never reviewed last weeks meals- please forgive me. Here's the 411 (is it still cool to use "411"?):

Pecan Crusted Fish with Peppers and Squash- Loved, Loved, Loved this meal!!! 5 stars (5 is the max stars by the way)

Vegetarian Chili- Didn't love it. I think the baked beans gave it a weird twang. If this is on your menu for the week, I would substitute black or pinto beans for the baked beans. No one in my family or the other family I cook for really enjoyed this one.

Taco Beef Pot Pie- 6 Stars (out of a possible 5)! 4 adults and 2 kids all raved over this dish. I selfishly chose to eat lunch before DH got home today so I could finish up the leftovers without having to share (horrible, I know- just felt like I should confess!)

Dixie Pork Chops- Ok, this was just Ok for me. I thought it was a little bland BUT this is coming from a girl who likes strong flavored, spicy, fiesta on the tongue kind of meals. DH and the other family I cook for really enjoyed the meal. If you try it please let us know what you think.

Emily's Chicken Manicotti- This was a lick your plate kind of meal. 5 stars for sure! This also made great leftovers.

I would love to get your honest feedback and/or suggestions about any of the meals you have tried from this blog. Probably the best place to leave the feedback would be in the comment section of the respective recipe post.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, this is not in the "respective recipe post", but just wanted to quickly add that we had the Taco Beef Pot Pie tonight and we LOVED it! It'll definitely be added to the meal plan again soon! Thanks for sharing the recipe! And, I'm excited to hear that the chicken manicotti was good. It's also on the plan for this week.

    ReplyDelete