Tuesday, April 21, 2009

HUGE NEWS!!!



Guess What!!!! I've been chosen to host an official Ford American Idol House Party!!! Scream!!!!

What's a house party you ask? Well about 6 months ago I signed up with houseparty.com to see if I could be eligible to host a "Ziplock Organizational Bags" party. You see if selected the Brand Host sends the party hostess a party package that enables you and your guests to sample the product in a party like setting. Sounds like fun, huh? Well no one could be more excited about ziplock organizational bags then me, so I thought I was a sure win and let my imagination go wild with possibilities for my future "organization themed party." A party that could star my label maker- what could be more fun! Sadly, my party was denied! I was not chosen to be an Official Ziplock House Party Hostess- I guess my application did not portray just how "cool" my party would have been.

Fast Forward: So after my ziplock bag rejection I kind of gave up on the whole "house party" hostess dream and would just delete my application reminder emails for upcoming events. That is until I saw the email regarding the Ford American Idol House Party. I believe this is also the same official Watch Party Ryan Seacrest has mentioned each week on Idol. I knew it was a longshot, I mean if I'm not cool enough to host a ziplock bag House Party, how in the world could I be chosen to host an official Ford AI House Party- but I filled out that application anyway. I worked really hard on it and even used the phrase "freaken awesome" when asked to describe what my Idol Watch Party would look like if selected- just to spice up the "coolness" factor on my application. Well..... I guess it worked!!!!! I got the email today saying that I have been 1 of 1000 chosen out of over 9000 applications to be an official hostess!!!!

Sooooo what does that mean to you? You're all invited!! I have not worked out the official details of the party BUT if you want an invitation just email me your email address and I'll send you the evite. Ford will be mailing me an official party package as the event gets closer complete with party favors for all my guests. AND if my House Party sounds really cool we could even be on TV! SCREAM!!!! AND I could even win a Ford Fusion and tickets to the American Idol 2 day finale!!! DOUBLE SCREAM!!!!

Even if you don't think you will be able to attend the actual event go ahead and send me your email so you can participate in the official preevent blog party at houseparty.com.

11 comments:

  1. you go girl! We would love to come! We won't even take up any parking space. We have the coolest neighborhood EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!! Becke!!! Send me your email address because half the hype is about the "blog party"
    Invite your friends! My hope is that Kris makes it into the top 3 and we can have a HUGE tailgate at the official watch site. More to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to come Niki! Our email address is jennyglover0302@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girlfriend, we would LOVE to come if you allow outsiders! :) teamlarsen@comcast.net
    My 6 year old is LOVING AI!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so super excited!!! Count me in bigtime!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my goodness!!! I wasn't able to check your blog yesterday!!!! What!! How did you do this! my sister is going to flip out when i tell her!! Congratulations!!! libby17_99@yahoo.com

    Niki Rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's Awesome! We would love to come if you want us. We could drive up. Sounds like a ton of fun. Email me at lmrainbolt@comcast.net.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That is awesome! We are HUGE Kris Allen fans. Invite us please! jfinton@sbcglobal.net
    p.s. I don't know if you remember me, but I was at UCA at the same time you were and Mary and I went to OT school together. I have you linked on our family blog.- Ashley Finton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! Thank You! Thank You girls!! I would be so honored if all of you could come to my party. I love the idea of us having a good ol' DRS meet and greet!!!! You should have all received your official evite. Let me know if you didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool!!! Maybe we will be on TV since were super cool in Conway

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Niki! I would love to come as well! That is "freakin awesome."
    snfoste@yahoo.com
    Shannon Foster

    ReplyDelete