Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sonday Sunday

In 1 Peter we are told to:

Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. 3:15

Now the obvious lesson from this verse is that we need to "be prepared to give an answer"- but what sticks out to me is the part about "the reason for the hope that you have." It can be scary or intimidating to just walk up to someone and strike up a "Jesus Saves" conversation but imagine how much easier it would be if someone actually opened the door of conversation by asking "Why do you have so much hope?" What a challenge. I want to live such a hope filled life that others can't help but ask "What's your secret? What is the source of your HOPE?"

Application:
I think the best way to start living a life that reflects HOPE is to start focusing on His Hope. Therefore, this week when I am tempted to get down about our current economy or when I start to worry about my children or when I am about to complain about my workload, I ask that the Lord remind me of His gift of guaranteed HOPE. When reminded of this HOPE I betcha my negativity, worrying, and complaining will quickly be replaced with happiness, peace, and contentment. Virtues that are sure to stand out in such a dark world. Let the witnessing begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment