Friday, March 13, 2009

Our Afternoon

Sooo the boys and I just got back from an exciting afternoon of couponing. We actually had a shopping play-date with my friend, who I have FINALLY convinced to start couponing. It was so fun to watch a newbie get her first coupon high. Actually, her initial enthusiasm was a little disappointing at first- she didn't even high-five the checker. But once I asked her to please show me her "excited face" I was convinced she was hooked. In fact when we parted ways she was on a hunt for more computers to print more coupons.

We went to Target and Walgreens. She spent about $34 out of pocket and saved about $70 PLUS she has $20 register rewards to spend at a later date. Woo Hoo! Woo Hoo! (The second woo hoo was on behalf of my friend, I feel confident she would want me to say one for her too).
Here is a breakdown of what she got:
4 packages of diapers
2 packages of wipes
Garnier Fructis gel
5 Motts Applesauces
2 Goldfish
All for $14 after RR! Not BAD!

Now I do have to confess something to you. I coveted- a direct violation of a 10 commandment. We rode around town in my friends NEW luxury vehicle. Not only did her car have 4 doors, power steering, a radio, and a new car smell it also had a built in DVD player and a tush warmer! I won't lie, I had serious thoughts about abandoning "the plan," and diving back into a car payment. BUT then I remembered that I had shared my plan with all of you, thus making me accountable, therefore, I am back on track. Besides I have a personal goal to drive "my car" to at least 250,000 miles and I still have a good 10,000 miles to go! Thanks for being there for me!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a blast!!

    Okay... question... do you do the grocery game? I signed up BUT when I go to check the deals at Kroger they haven't updated! It says March 8-10 still.. are you having that problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, The Grocery Game is just available Sunday through Tuesday, every week, for Kroger. That is because they include that Sunday's newspaper inserts in their matchups. It is just applicable till Tues because Kroger sales run Wed to Tues in our region. Now sometimes the list will post by 8pm Saturday night so you can go ahead and do your matchups Saturday night, you just won't have the Sunday's coupons. Make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep... i think i get it... i'm still a little green:)

    ReplyDelete