Monday, March 16, 2009

Mealtime Monday

I am excited to report that ALL prep work for this weeks meals was easily completed before my 1 hour 30 minute deadline! I would say I cleared it by at least 15 minutes. Let me break it down for ya:
  • 2 Crockpot Roast Dinners
  • 2 Mexican Casseroles
  • 2 Blackened Chicken Salads
  • 2 Vegetable Pizzas
  • 2 Salmon Teriyaki Meals
  • Side Salads for 2 families

Most of the recipes this week are tried and true and those that I have not tried look pretty safe- so I am thinking we are in for a yummy week. Here is my recommendations for meal prep, storage, and serving:

Monday Night- Blackened Chicken Salad. To prep for this meal I went ahead and prepared the chicken, sliced it up, and stored it in the fridge. I prepared the lettuce (washed, chopped, and spinned) and stored in gallon size ziplock in fridge. I also cut up the sun dried tomatoes and mixed the dressing and stored separately in fridge. Tonight I will chop up avocado and toss all ingredients together and serve.

Tuesday Night- Crockpot Roast. Normally I like to do my crockpot meals on Wed but this Tuesday I have a women's event at church so this will be a great meal the boys can serve up without me. To prep I simply dumped all of the ingredients except the water into a ziplock bag and will store in fridge until Tuesday morning. Tuesday morning I will add water and contents of ziplock bag to crockpot and cook on low all day.

Wednesday Night- Salmon Teriyaki. To prep I did NOT defrost Salmon but simply added frozen salmon to a freezer ziplock bag and mixed all other ingredients into the bag. I will store in freezer until Tuesday Night. Tuesday night I will transfer salmon from freezer to fridge to allow the Salmon to thaw over the next 24 hours. Tuesday night I will take salmon out of marinade and grill.

Thursday Night- Mexican Casserole. This dish was fully prepped and placed in freezer. Wednesday night I will transfer casserole from freezer to fridge. Thursday night I will take casserole out of fridge and bake.

Friday Night- Out or Leftovers

Saturday Night- Out or Leftovers

Sunday Afternoon- Vegetable Pizza. After pizza was fully prepped I placed several layers of foil around pizza and placed in freezer. Saturday I will transfer pizza from freezer to fridge. I'll bake up and serve after church next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment