Thursday, March 5, 2009

Let me set the record straight!!!

Ok here's the 411. I do NOT have a STD!!!

I'm sorry to be so blunt, and it is probably socially unacceptable to write STD on a family friendly blog, BUT I felt I needed to set the record straight. Here's the story....

So today I am meeting with a teenager for nutrition counseling and I was trying my best to be "cool" and get on her level and everything. So when she started complaining about the acne on her face and neck I told her "I totally knew what she was talking about." I said "Even at 30 (yes there it is for the world to see, I AM THIRTY) I still have breakouts." I then added, "especially on my chin and around my mouth." To which she said "Oh-That's bad! People probably think you have an STD or something." WHAT!!! I was fully aware that the bags under my eyes clearly marked me as a DRS sufferer BUT I had no idea that an occasional zit could potentially flag me as an STD carrier. Now I am totally self-conscious, and therefore, have taken the liberty to use this blog to set the record straight. (Plus I need accountability to get an appointment with a dermatologist- and a recommendation for a good concealer)

Now to those of you that really know me the idea of me having a STD is absolutely ludicrous. And for the rest of you- look forward to February 2010 when I kick off a series that chronicles my love life from birth to present. Not only will my story clear up any pimple misconceptions it will show you what a miracle it is that I have any "children" at all.

And now back to our regular DRS topics...

PS If a pimple between the eyebrows indicates a drug addiction- I don't have that either.

2 comments:

  1. This was too funny. In fact... I read it a couple days ago and as I am writing this it still makes me laugh out loud. Thanks for the post. Also, I don't think having a pimple between your eyes is anything significant. Who knew having a couple break outs near your mouth could call your virtue into question!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! Since I hadn't recieved any kind of response regarding this post, I started second guessing the appropriateness of it. I'm glad one person appreicated the humor in my experience!!

    ReplyDelete