Saturday, March 28, 2009

Familytime Friday

I am looking for ideas for Familytime Fridays. I know craft times will focus on all things "Imagination Movers" in an effort to get ready for the big 5 year old birthday party- although I am still trying to convince Colby that a Jump Zone party would be soooo much more fun (and easy).

What I need help with is devotional time and learning time. I would love a suggestion for a great devotional book appropriate for kids 1 - 5 years old. Any ideas?

As far as learning time- I need all the help I can get! I have to tell you last weekend we showed our house to a family that home-schooled their 2 children. When the mother saw all my scrapbook/craft materials she said "You must home school your children?" Without even thinking, I just laughed and said "Are you kidding!" I sometimes forget not everyone I come into contact with knows about my DRS or my Learning Time failures. I certainly did not mean any disrespect with my response so after I realized what I had said I quickly followed it up with "Even though I will not be homeschooling, I sure do have a respect for those that do" ........... Don't think we'll be hearing from them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment