Thursday, March 12, 2009

Annual Budget Countdown

Last week I shopped 3 times. Once to Kroger and 2 times to Walgreens. Here is the damage breakdown:

Walgreens First Trip:
Spent: $6.85 oop (out of pocket)
Saved: $25 PLUS got back $10 in RR

Walgreens Trip #2
Spent: $0 but got back an additional $3*
Saved: hard to say Plus $2 RR

*How did I get paid $3 you ask? I'm still a little confused myself, BUT here is what happened. I shopped at the Walgreens in my parent's hometown because I was anxious to do the Dove trial size deodorant deal because they were out at our Walgreens. Well, first let me say I was extremely sad to find out that this particular Walgreens did not accept Printables (let's all say a brief word of thanks that our Walgreens does- at least now). So I already was forced to put back the Sambucal and Excedrin I was planning on getting. Then I proudly presented my 4 Dove Deodorants and my 4 Dove bar soaps with respective coupons and paid my $6.41 oop (also picked up the FREE Ritz crackers and more toothpaste) and waited in anticipation for my $10 RR to print. Welllll, No Such RR printed, instead I got a lousy $2 RR.

I tried to "nicely" explain that all across our Great Nation women were receiving a $10 RR for purchasing 8 Dove products- my speech got me no where but a very nice Manager was called to the scene. After repeating my speech to him, and once again getting me NO closer to that $10 RR, I surrendered and "nicely" asked to return all 8 Dove products. Well some where in the confusion, the Manager handed me back a little over $9 for my return, even though I had only spent $6.41 oop. I tried to give back the $2 RR but he said to keep it (I think he was relieved to see me go and was thrilled to learn I was not local!). Sooooo, it ended up being a profitable trip after all.

This week I also received a $19.98 check from Walgreens for my January Rebates (I guess I forgot to mark "gift card" when I entered all my receipts on the ES rebate form)

Kroger:
Spent: $103.95 for 52 items
Saved: $71.85

Total Weekly Spent: $110.80 - $22.98 from rebate check and Walgreens fiasco
Total Saved: at least $96.85

Year to Date:
Total Spent: $1030.94
Total Saved: $767.61
Total Left: $3969.06

Still $70.94 over budget for year! Ahhhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment