Monday, February 9, 2009

Southwest Eggrolls- Illustrated!

I was a little intimidated the first time I attempted the eggrolls so I wanted to give you a step by step illustrated guide.

first hint: I have learned that it is very important to let the dough defrost before you try to unroll it- otherwise it flakes. Last night I just set the dough our for about 1.5 hours. But you could also just let it thaw in fridge for a day.



Once thawed, you will unroll the stack of dough sheets. I usually work off of wax paper.


I then take about 2 sheets of dough off the stack and place it on the wax paper. Then scoop about 1/4 cup of vegy/meat mixture onto center of dough.

Next I fold the ends up over the mixture, so that the mixture won't fall out the ends
once rolled up.



Then I roll up from one end to the next. Warning: the dough sheets are pretty delicate. It is normal for the dough to tare a little!
Don't forget to brush with a little bit of light butter before baking so they will golden!
Won't your family be impressed!!!
This will be the first time I have attempted to freeze the premade eggrolls, so I'll let you know how it turns out on Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment