Monday, February 16, 2009

Snacktime

Today I fixed the boys and myself one of my favorite childhood snacks. My favorite babysitter, LaFrane, use to make us popcorn and cheese dip after school while we watched He-Man and She-Ra "Masters of the Universe". Weird combination- I know; but to this day I never have popcorn without thinking "where's the cheese dip?" So I decided to introduce the snack to my boys - well actually just my big boy (baby was napping and popcorn would be classified as a choking hazard for him).
So I just took half a block of 2% Velveeta and 1 can rotel and microwaved it until ready; then I popped the popcorn. Snack Done! Got to say brought back great memories and Colby really liked it too! Plus what a great way to have cheese dip- the popcorn packs in lots of fiber!

Give it a try- and let me know what you think.

Come to think of it, LaFrane use to also make us no-bake cookies...............maybe another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment