Monday, February 16, 2009

Mealtime Mondays

2 Oven Fried Chickens
2 Squash Casseroles
2 Green Beans
2 Marinating Shrimp Bags
2 Asparagus Packets
2 Spaghetti Pies
2 Chicken Tortilla Soups
1 Trip to Kroger
1 Destroyed Kitchen
______________________________________
Less then 1.5 hours
I decided I really like getting my prepwork done on Sunday nights so I don't have to use any of my "Mommy Day" in the kitchen on Monday; therefore I knocked it out last night while the boys went to Awanas. I'm not positive on the exact time it took to do all the prepwork because I had to stop midprep to run to Kroger to pick up 3 important ingredients I had forgotten on my big grocery run. I am positive the actual prep time was less then 1.5 hours and honestly think it was probably closer to 1 hour. I chose not to do any preprep for the beans, cornbread, greens meal because all I will have to do is throw the beans in the crockpot with a few spices the morning we plan to eat them- shouldn't take 3 minutes. Plus I like my cornbread hot out of the oven- yummy!

As always, Here is the schedule for storage and final preparations:

Monday: Oven Fried Chicken with Squash Casserole and Green Beans. All three were fully prepared up until the actual cooking step and then stored in fridge until tonight.
Tuesday: Shrimp Kabobs with rice and Asparagus Packets. All I did to prep for this meal was to toss my frozen peeled and deveined raw shrimp in a ziplock bag with the other ingredients to marinate while thawing in the fridge. I also went ahead and prepared the asparagus packet. Tuesday evening I will place shrimp on skewers to grill.
Wednesday: Spaghetti Pie and Side Salad. I fully prepared the spaghetti pie up until the final cooking step and then placed foil over the top to store in fridge until Wednesday Night. I will still need to put together a side salad on Wednesday night to complete this meal.

Thursday: Beans, Cornbread, Greens. I will do my best to remember to put the beans and spices in the crockpot on Thursday before heading off to work. I will prepare the cornbread and open the can of greens on Thursday night.

Friday: Out or leftovers

Saturday Night: Sunday School Social

Sunday: Chicken Tortilla Soup. I placed all ingredients in a freezer ziplock bag and stored in freezer. I will transfer ziplock to fridge on Saturday morning to start defrosting. Then I will place contents of ziplock in crockpot before heading off to church Sunday morning. It should be ready to eat by noon on Sunday!

I don't know why I always feel I must show you my destroyed postprep kitchen. I think it just makes me feel better knowing you know my dirty little secret- I am a very messy cook! Thank goodness I just cook once a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment