Friday, February 20, 2009

DRS Updates

Just wanted to update you on a few things:

First- We found Uganda. Sure enough there was a globe at the Library.

Secondly- Went to Walmart to try to cash in on some of those deals I posted on yesterday- big disappointment! Our sale prices (if on sale at all) were quite a bit higher then those I used for the deal match ups plus I couldn't find half the items for which I was shopping. I did pick up a bag of Tilapia that should cover 2-3 meals for $7.53 (quite a bit cheaper then Kroger) and 1 bag of Salmon ($4.48) and a package of the Morningstar Black Bean Burgers ($3.72).

Third- My Mom went to Walgreens to get her FREE 20 prints and was told the code was only to be used online. So order your prints online to get them FREE!

Oh and Uganda is in Africa!

2 comments:

  1. I had a disappointing experience at Walgreens today too. I only went to purchase two items (Gain detergent and Bounce dryer sheets). I had a coupon for each item plus a $6 RR. The checker kept having trouble with the coupons, so he called the manager over. The manager explained "their system has just been updated", and now you can no longer have more coupons than you have items. I had two items, so only two coupons were allowed even though one was a RR! Looks like everyone is tightening their belts in this economy, especially Walgreens as they posted a pretty large loss last quarter. Oh yeah, our Walgreens manager had no clue about Easy Saver ending. I have a feeling it will still end :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gray- I could be wrong but I think the "coupons can't out number the items" rule has been in effect for a while. What I do is just pick up a 10 cent pencil or something else down the clearance aisle to give me the proper number of items. Stinks though doesn't it when our deals don't turn out as we anticipated. I'm heading to wags as soon as DH gets home. Hope I have a better experience. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete