Friday, February 13, 2009

Devotional Time

For Devotional Time I focused on the verse of the week.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not lean on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5

Before we went inside for "devotional time" I blindfolded Colby and attempted to lead him on an obstacle course by having him follow my voice commands. I had envisioned that this "life application" lesson would leave a lasting impression on him when I sat down to explain how "trusting the Lord means we have to follow him even when we don't understand where he is taking us." However, I did not take into account that at 4 years old he does not know his left from his right. We both just ended up getting frustrated at my futile attempt to lead him around the backyard. I think the verse that more appropriately applied to this "life application" was Col 3:21 Parents don't exasperate your children....

Live and Learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment