Thursday, February 12, 2009

Deal Alert- Kroger


Got to say I'm not too impressed with the Kroger ad this week. But that's ok, I'm hoping this might be the week I get myself back on track with my annual budget.

Of course I will rely on the Grocery Game and my weekly menu to help me compile my final grocery list for the week but here are the best deals I was able to find floating around the internet for Kroger this week (2/11 - 2/17)

The Daytona Event is still going strong this week. Buy 10 participating items get $3 off your final bill. Remember to watch your receipt to ensure you get the discount! Go here to see all participating items.

My favorite participating item is the General Mills Cereal that is on sale for 3 for $5
Best Scenario: Multigrain cheerios on sale 3 for $5
Use $.75 from recent coupons.com printout and $0.75 from Cellfire loadable coupons PLUS $0.30 off from the Daytona promotion
Final Price: Free plus $0.13 in overages!!
Florida Strawberries are on sale for $1.97

Blueberries on sale for $2.50

Otherwise the only other exciting news is they are having a special one day sale on February 13 (Friday) from 9am to 9pm.

Most of the savings for this one day sale are for sweets; but as your RD I wanted to tell you about some of the healthier choices:

The best deal of the event if you ask me is for the $0.99 sweet red seedless grapes!

Although I am not a big fan of juice (little to no fiber) my boys do enjoy an occasional OJ in the morning so I will take advantage of the $0.99 Kroger OJ on Friday.
Just this week one of my friends was telling me that she only likes to buy Motts Apple Juice. So she is going to want to really stock up at the one day sale.
Motts Apple Juice on sale for $0.99
That's it folks. If you see any other great deals at Kroger please leave us a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment