Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What's Up Kroger of the Delta Region!

I am beyond sad right now. After finally getting to spend time looking through our Kroger flyer I have come to the harsh realization that our Kroger Mega Event isn't so mega after all. All across our country couponers have been writing about the great deals they are getting with this event BUT when I sat down to start compiling the deals for Thrifty Thursday I realized that our Mega Event prices are MUCH higher. For example in Cincinnati Kraft Cheese is priced at $1.99 and at our Kroger it is $2.59. This really is ridiculous because how the mega event works is it takes $5 off your final bill when you purchase 10 of the participating items, which equals out to be a $0.50 discount per product. Well, our Kroger often sells Kraft cheese for $2, so even with this so called mega event it is still more costly to buy it now vs wait for another sale- Does that make sense?


Now there is still some ok deals but last time the mega event came to town I loaded up on lots of free to nearly free products and I was sooo looking forward to sharing these kind of deals with you. So I just feel bad that I got all your hopes up with my big patriotic spill this afternoon- please forgive me. That and the spaghetti squash has made for a real poor performance on my part this week. (The fish, however, was delish tonight!- there is hope for this blog after all!)


Check back on Thrifty Thursday for the best deals I did find at Kroger- $0.09 vegetables, $0.19 mustard and hot sauce etc.

PS To add to my sadness, I just found 2 expired cottenelle toilet paper coupons!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you Niki, I was disappointed as well. This is nothing like October's ME.

    ReplyDelete