Thursday, January 8, 2009

Walgreen Deals





Here in our neck of the woods, I have found that Walgreens is the best place to get unbelievable deals! This week definitely proves my point. I don't even want to pretend I figured out these deals myself, I relied on the expertise of my favorite blogs: Money Saving Mom and The Thrifty Mama. Check them out for a more complete list of deals.

I like to shop Walgreens on Friday because Walgreens will often email out a $5 off $25 purchase or $10 off $50 purchase coupon for Friday and Saturday only. By waiting till Friday I do run the risk that Walgreens will be out of the sale product, but our Walgreens is usually pretty good about writing rainchecks for the items at sale price. I usually will use Thursday night to clip my coupons and map out my game plan.

Here is my game plan for the week:

Buy 2 Stayfree Maxi Pads 28ct at $6.99 each (hand your coupons to the register attendant in this order!)
Use Buy 1 Get 1 Free coupon from your 1/4 RedPlum (RP) insert
Print and use the $1 of 1 coupon found here
Then use the $3 off 1 Walgreens coupon (found in weekly ad- should take off $6)
Final Price for 2: Free

Electrasol Gelpack (20 ct.) at $3.49
Use $2.50 for 1 in 1/4 SmartSource (SS) insert
Submit for January EasySaver Rebate #31 and get $1.50 back (Easysaver Rebate book found at front of store) Final Price: Free plus $0.51 in overages after coupons and rebate

Garnier Fructis Hair Products at $2.99
Use $1 for 1 in 1/4 RP and
$2/1 coupon in January EasySaver Book
Final Price: Free

Reynolds Wrap Foil at $0.99
Use $1 off 1 from either the 11/16 SS or 12/14 SS
Final Price: Free

Buy 2 Quaker Instant Oatmeal 10 pack for $1.99
Use $1.35 off 2 in 1/4 RP
Final Price: $2.63 for 2 boxes

Register Reward Deals (RR) RR are coupons that print with your receipt that provide $ off your next purchase- they usually expire in 2 weeks.

Buy 2 Benefiber sticks 16 ct at 2 for $10
Use 2 $2 off coupons from 12/14 or 1/4 SS
Get $5 back in RR for buying $10 worth of product
Final Price after coupons and RR: $1.00 for 2 boxes

Buy 4 Flintstone Children's Vitamins 60ct at $5 each
Use 4 $1 off 1 found in 1/4SS
Can also use $1 off 1 coupon found in Walgreen Coloring Book (found by the pharmacy desk)- should take off $4
Send in mail-in-rebate form in the 1/4SS (Bayer Special Half Price Offer up to $10 rebate)
Get $10 RR back for buying $20 worth of product
Final Price after coupons, mail-in-rebate, and RR: Free plus $6 in overages

Buy 4 boxes of Select Krogger Cereals for 4 for $10
Use 4 $1 off 1 coupons from 12/14RP
Get $3 back in RR for buying 4 boxes
Final Price after coupons and RR: $0.75 per box

January Free-After Rebate Deals- Each month the EasySaver Book has at least 1 free after rebate product. I always buy these when they have those $5 or $25 or $10 off $50 coupons I told you about because it helps me get to the $25 or $50 amount and yet I will get that $ back when my rebate check comes in the mail.

Revlon Matte Collection Blush or Eyeliner at $9.99 or Revlon Matte Collection Lipstick for $7.99 or Revlon Matte Collection Eye Shadow at $4.99
Use $2 off 1 or $1 off 1 from 12/7 SS and other recent inserts
Final Price: Free plus $1 - $2 overages after coupon and rebate

Orajel Cold Sore Medicine for $8.49
Use $1/1 from 10/26 SS
Final Price: Free plus $1 overages after coupon and rebate

AutoExpressions Vent Fresh Elite Auto Air Freshener for $4.99
Send in for full manufacturer's rebate here
Final Price: Free plus $4.99 after both rebates


Note: If some of this Walgreen coupon lingo seems like a foreign language to you- I recommend reading Money Saving Moms Walgreens 101 Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment