Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Product of the Week


Morning Star Spicy Black Bean Burgers are the product of the week. I know what your thinking "Morning Star- ewe isn't that the company with all the soy and tofu products" Yes it is, but trust me this spicy black bean burger is delicious!
I was first attracted to this product when I read on the packaging that it was made from black beans, sweet corn and tomatoes. I thought to myself, "hey I like all those things- I think I'll give it a try." And now these little burgers are a regular part of my lunches. My favorite way to eat them is crumbled up on a taco salad. I have also been known to take them to cookouts as a healthy alternative to hamburgers.
Nutrition Information:
Serving Size: 1 burger
Meal Plan: 120 Calories, 1 lean meat, 1 starch, 4g of Fiber
My only complaint is that these rarely go on sale at Kroger and I don't recall ever seeing any coupons for these products. I will usually make a special trip to Walmart just to stock up on these burgers (they are at least $0.50 cheaper at Walmart).

3 comments:

  1. Niki, Thanks for introducing me to these little yummies a while back. They are also part of my weekly lunch menu. I love them with salsa, lettuce, and low-fat cheese. They are quick and handy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their Veggie Corndogs! I put them on my stone and bake them. How do you cook your burgers?? I love your blog! Write soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carrie for backing me up on the burgers. And Tambrey I'll have to check out the corndogs. Sounds like a great choice for the boys!

    ReplyDelete