Monday, January 12, 2009

Mealtime Monday

Round 2 of Mealtime Mondays coming at you! Your recipes will be posting soon. Once again I will use today to knock out most of the the prep work for the week of meals. I think this weeks meals will take even less time to prep then last weeks. Forgive me for planning 2 Mexican dishes in the same week- don't know how that one slipped by me- but the plan must go on! Following is the order I plan on serving the dishes and how I will prep and store until ready to finish and eat:

Monday: Super Cheesy Chicken Parmesan- I will do steps 1 - 4 this morning and then will place both chicken and sauce into the fridge until tonight. (Because this recipe requires an egg I would not want to prepare this dish more then 2 days in advance.)

Tuesday: Fiery Fish Tacos- Today I will sprinkle the spices on the frozen talipia and then place in fridge to defrost until tomorrow night. I will also prepare the crunchy corn salsa in a large ziplock and store in the fridge.

Wed: I am going to mix all ingredients except the tortellini in a ziplock bag and place in fridge until Wed night. Wed night I will transfer ziplock to pot and add in tortellini.

Thurs: Pinto Bean Burritos: No prep today. All I am going to do for this meal is Wed night wash and place beans in crock-pot and leave out on counter so I am reminded to fill with water and turn on Thurs. am.

Friday- Out or leftovers

Saturday- OUT- reward for all my hard work getting ready for the garage sale.

Sunday: Hamburgers. I will prepare my patties today and then separate them with wax paper and place in freezer until Saturday. Saturday morning I will hopefully remember to transfer to fridge to allow them to defrost until Sunday after church.

No comments:

Post a Comment