Saturday, January 10, 2009

Deal Alert


Pretty Good Deals at Kroger tonight. The Grocery Game posted around 8ish pm so I went ahead and knocked my trip out (there were not too many coupons from the 1/11 inserts that I needed). Here are my favorite finds at Kroger right now (good until 1/13/09)

Product, Kroger Sale Price, Coupons Used and Source with Date, Final Price


Yea! Sanderson Farms Family Pack Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or Tenders, Final Price: $1.97 lb (I loaded up for the whole month plus enough to cover the first of next month! I also purchased some freezer ziplocks to store the chicken in once I cut off the last of the fat.)


Kroger is running a Kelloggs Cereal Promotion: Get $4 off instantly when you buy 3 Kellogg's breakfast products. Limit 2 rewards per transaction.
There are several Kelloggs cereals marked 3 for $8 or 2 for $6, Use 3 Kelloggs Cereal Coupons $1 off 1 or $1 off 2 from RP* 1/4 and RP 12/14, Final Price: $0.33 to $0.67 each
(This promotion was not announced on the aisles but it did work at the register!) (I made sure to pick up some Kelloggs All Bran for our Parmesan Chicken recipe this week!)


Barilla Plus Pasta, 2 for $4, Use $0.50 off 1 from SS* 1/4, Final Price: $1


I went ahead and bought one package of Mission Carb Balance Tortillas for one of the recipes this week, even though it was not on sale and used $0.55 off 1 from SS 1/4


Softsoap Liquid Hand Soap, 10 for $10, Use $0.50 or $0.35 off 1 from SS 1/4, Final Price: Free or $0.30
(I had 2 of the $0.50 coupons so I got 2 soaps FREE- Ha WALGREENS that will teach you to be out of product! I had intended on buying these soaps at Walgreens last week and would have had to pay $0.36 ea!)


The Jicama that is needed for a recipe this week was $5.99 lb. That really hurt my feelings but I felt I needed to go ahead and get it so I would not lead you astray. I was wondering why I had never cooked with jicama before- now I know. To be honest if I was not preparing this recipe for the www to see, I probably would have left this ingredient out!


Note: Kroger doubles all paper coupons up to 0.60
* Your newspaper inserts come from 3 different sources: RedPlum (RP), Smart Source (SS) and Proctor and Gamble (PG)
** At Kroger.com you can load your Kroger Card with coupons from 3 different sources: shortcuts.com (s.cuts), P&G esavers (esaver), and cellfire (cf). When you check out you should see the discount on your receipt.

These are just some of the deals that I found this week. For a complete list I strongly recommend joining thegrocerygame.com and checking out other coupon blogs.
More on couponing and my total trip $ on Thrifty Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment